...getting it out there.

My way to "just go with it"...

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Stop saying goodbye...

I've been cranky for a long, long time it seems like at work. Today was definitely not an exception, and not special. There was no section 5 scheduled, and I was in 6, but I was in 6 because that's the section I like. I walked up to a little pow-wow amongst the management on duty a bit after I got there, and overheard the plan to throw me into 5, and put one of the other servers into 6. So I turned around and stated "I'm not going into 5. I'll let DJ (the server who was their replacement) get cut first, but I want 6's tables." 3 blank stares in my direction, and Brooke says "Thanks for helping us out", her voice dripping with sarcasm.

...Number one, I have zero - possibly even negative - reasons to help that place out. So fuck that dump.

...Number two, how is that not helping? They were still getting their necessary section 5, DJ was still going to get cut first, and I was still going to get the tables I wanted.

...Number three, I don't have to give up my section because they were the collective dumbasses who failed to schedule a section 5.

Wait an hour and a half or so. I'm at the dish tank, turn around to wash my hands and Brooke is there washing her hands at the sink, so I pump foam into my hands and she promptly splashes water on me, probably in an effort to make me smile. Though it didn't bother me nor did it upset me, I wasn't in the mood for jesting so I walked to a different sink to finish cleansing my hands. She says, "I was just messing with you, don't be mad." Well I certainly won't be mad, I wasn't in the first place. I'm just not smiling.

Fast-forward maybe a half hour, Steven asks what's wrong. Nothing. It has very little to specifically do with that place, aside from the annoyance of earlier that has since been resolved (with me still in 6, after DJ volunteered to go into 5, and I'm sure Brooke's pointed "Thanks for helping us out, DJ", 3 feet from my face, made Brooke feel better). "Are you in a bad mood?" Yes. "How come?" Not sure.

Time to cash out around 10 o'clock. I ask Steven to cash me out, he says Brooke is in the office, but if she's not, he will. I get back there, no Brooke, so I swipe into the office and proceed to cash myself out as I do more than half the time I work. Right at the end of my cashing out, Brooke comes in and asks what I'm doing...because apparently my typing things into Excel, with my financial sitting in front of me isn't obvious enough. I'm cashing out. Oh, did Steven give you his keys? No, I broke in with my swipe. Did anybody know you were back here? I told Steven I was going to cash out, he said you were back here, you weren't, so I did it myself. Enter into the office Steven Green, and enter into my life The Intervention. "What's with your attitude today?" ...oh, the Corporate Attitude. You're not acting like you usually do. Something's wrong, and you have an attitude problem. I don't like your attitude. You can be replaced you know. Yup, and so can this job. Until the last couple of hours, what was wrong had very little to do with specifically Friday's. "I didn't think I had an attitude, but I apologize if you thought I did." Ah yes, here's where she brings up her displeasure with my saying I wasn't going to go into section 5. I've been waiting for that. I didn't want to help them out ...again, tell me why I'm supposed to? And I had offered to do everything as they wanted except take section 5's tables. How is that not helping out? Instantly, the tone went from "what is wrong?" to "you're doing something wrong". What jazzes me about it is that she's just like me. I ask a question, and when I don't get the response I want, I instantly turn shitty and mean. And try to intimidate whoever I'm talking to. It usually works. However, when you're trying to use it against someone who uses it herself, you're out of luck. And most people don't have alternative methods. Peace out.

Off to Lake O, to see the friends I need to be around so desperately to try and break this funk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home