...getting it out there.

My way to "just go with it"...

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Now for the real post! I'm listening to James Blunt right now. Here's my James Blunt history, because it's been happening so fast - I saw a little sidebar thing about him on livedaily.com a couple of months ago, and wrote down his name to check out but didn't right away. The one night I was compiling songs for a CD and Abe had left the TV on but turned the volume off, and at one point I happened to glance up and saw who I thought was Gavin DeGraw sitting at a piano. Naturally I took the iPod earbuds out and turned up the volume, and my ears were greeted with a song that was not Gavin, but was glorious. I wrote down a line of a song that ended up being "Goodbye My Lover" (which was a little ironic because the CD I was compiling was a "Go To Hell" mix inspired by Jeff, and the small part of the song that I caught was perfect for the mellow portion of the compilation), and took note of James Blunt once again. The rest is history..it took me a few weeks, but it's on Apollo (my iPod), and it's good.

I'm inspired to start posting "playlists" whenever I am listening to something that I feel is worthy of notemaking. I've made Josh a couple of medly's that I still listen to, and I've got a couple more for him that are awaiting my procrastination to end (so that I'll actually burn them). I'll have Cassidy's 21st birthday playlist here in a couple days, haha.

My mouth hurts right now. It feels like my teeth are just pushing against each other and doing something to my oral nerves that they shouldn't be. Frickin teeth. I don't really have much excuse to not get them pulled, except that whole money thing. I have good insurance, but back when I was going to get my wisdom teeth pulled originally, I had to reschedule for some reason, and then could never get the copay amount around because it was like...just under $3oo. And back then, that was impossible. Long story not really shortened, I need to get the damn teeth pulled 'cause it hurts.

Lets get this playlist thing started with what I've been listening to a lot the last few days...

Simple Plan - One Day
James Blunt - Tears & Rain
Alicia Keys - Fallin'
Keaton Simons - Mood Swings
John Mayer - Love Soon
Something Corporate - As You Sleep
Blink 182 - I Miss You
Ronnie Day - Ever & After
Dave Matthews Band - Joyride
The Postal Service - Sleeping In
Matt Wertz - Somedays

That's all I've got so far...it's pretty much been exclusively Mr. Blunt with the other songs thrown in for flavor, so don't get any crazy ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home