...getting it out there.

My way to "just go with it"...

Monday, December 19, 2005

I hadn't actually posted in awhile now, and figured if I was going to advertise this thing on facebook, I ought to at least occassionally update it! There isn't much new with me. Today is Monday, I have an exam tomorrow (5 days prior to Christmas), 3 exams Wednesday (4 days prior to Christmas), hopefully will pick up a double at Kentwood Friday's on Thursday (because as of this moment, I have $42 and no presents bought), Stevie's wedding Friday, hopefully another double Saturday (pending it's open), and Christmas on Sunday. *breathe*

Classes are very thin right now...I'm just not into them. "Over" them might be the correct term. My cells class is driving me to thoughts of mass killing. If I studied 1/3 as hard for any other class I have ever taken in my life, and probably will ever take in undergrad as I have for this class, I would easily be 4.0ing college. Instead, I'll be lucky if I actually pass it. The class started with 80 people, at the drop date was down to 27, and maybe half of us will actually get a C or better. The professor is so unreal I don't have a description.

MS meds will begin as soon as I get the starter kit in the mail, have confirmed that my neuro has gotten my bloodwork results (which I still have a bruise from, a week later - you'd think I'd know which arm gives well by now), and have called the pharmecutical (spelling?) company and arranged the injection classes. I'm glad to be getting this going, but the whole thing is kind of making me nervous. Anxious is a better word. The neuro said that there is a 20%ish chance that my body won't take to the medicine and will instead develop antibodies to it, which means I will have to go on the Copaxane which is daily, and requires refridgeration - both sucky. It's the only one of the 4 that isn't an Interferon (basically, that isn't virus-derived). The development of antibody just annoys the piss right out of me...fuckin body. Because it doesn't already develop more antibody than it needs to, you know? It's not already attacking my myelinated axons or anything. Grr.

But Liv and I have further discussed Oakland! That is an exciting prospect. I will be right in the middle of a lot of neurological research, and next door to a host of amazing neurologists. Also on the medical front, I'm going to volunteer in the surgical waiting room at Spectrum this Winter/Spring - that way I can get my name around there, and kind of see how the inner workings go. Plus, when it will look good on transfer and job apps, and make me feel like I'm being helpful and productive! Yay!

That's really all I've got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home