...getting it out there.

My way to "just go with it"...

Friday, January 18, 2008

December 2007 Life Soundtrack

Foo Fighters - Best Of You :: "I've got another confession, my friend...I'm no fool. I'm getting tired of starting again...somewhere new." I love this song. I love Dave Grohl. It's a little old school, and definitely kind of angry. A perfect way to start my December Life Soundtrack!
**in the original version of my soundtrack, this song was not in the playlist and the Soundtrack started with K's Choice's "Not An Addict". Once I obtained "Best Of You", the change was made.
Band of Horses - Our Swords :: "Count on us all stepping on our own toes tonight...count on us all falling on our own swords tonight." Thanks, Vince, for making me listen to this band. And thanks Friday's CD maker, for putting this particular song on there for me listen to initially.
The Academy Is... - You Might Have Noticed :: "If you're under the impression I'm all right, I guess you never noticed, I guess you might have known...I've been holding this together for so long..."
Scouting For Girls - It's Not About You
:: "She said it's not about you, it's not about you...it's me." Standard for me. I love saying that to people because it's such a well-known cliche that people can't help but laugh. (But I usually really mean it; yikes, right?) "She's a difficult girl, and you're a silly old man." I loved that line 3 months ago, and I still love it. I love being 22.
T.A.T.U. - How Soon Is Now?
:: This is a great cover. "I am the son & the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar; I am the son & heir of nothing in particular. You shut your mouth, how dare you say I go about things the wrong way? I am human & I need to be loved, just like everybody else does."
Hellogoodbye - Call & Return
:: "If only you were here (Things would be more magical), If I were there (Right now would be more radical), You're so not near (I'm wishing I could place a call), And feel closer to you, oh...Miles of air, and road, and land separate me from all my plans; We're havin'-havin'-havin', havin' fun, but something-something tells me I miss someone..."
Fall-Out Boy - Don't You Know Who I Think I Am?
:: The title says it all. "A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides...and a fortune for your disaster."
Hot Hot Heat - Jingle Jangle :: I get that it's a life soundtrack, so obviously all of the songs fit me as a person, but for real... this song is ridiculously perfect. " Another day, another night, another year; Another smile, another lie, another tear; This better not be all I got; I never thought I'd end up here..."
JoJo - Beautiful Girls remix
:: I'm obsessed with Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls", so it's only fitting that JoJo (another one of my unfortunate favorites) did an angsty, girly response to it. After all, "We'll have you suicidal, suicidal when I say it's over..."
John Mayer - Say
:: An excellent single from Mr. Mayer. "Take all of your wasted honor, every little past frustration, take all of your so-called problems, better put 'em in quotation. Say what you need to say..."
Silverchair - Straight Lines
:: "Wake me up low with a fever, walkin' in a straight line. Set me on fire in the evening, everything will be fine. Waking up strong in the morning, walking in a straight line. Lately I'm a desperate believer of walking in a straight line..."
Cartel - Wasted
:: "We're all so...we're on the run. We're all, we're all...oh, we're wasted, no no no, we're all wasted. We're wasted, no no, we're all wasted..."
The Shins - Kissing the Lipless
:: "You've told us of your new life where you've got someone coming 'round, gluing tinsel to your crown, he's got you talkin' pretty loud."
Maroon 5 - Nothing Lasts Forever
:: "Though we have not hit the ground, doesn't mean we're not still falling; oh I want so bad to pick you up, but you're still too reluctant to accept my help. What a shame, I hope you find somewhere to place the blame, but until then the fact remains...Everyday, With every worthless word we get more far away. The distance between us makes you so hard to stay. Nothing lasts forever, but be honest babe; It hurts but it may be the only way..."
Ryan Adams - To Be Young
:: "When you're young, you get sad, and you get high."
Alicia Keys - No One
:: There isn't really a line in this song that hits me that closely. I just love her voice. And I love this song. And Lauren got me listening to it a lot, so I put it on here. "But all I know is everything's gonna be all right." Maybe that's the line.
Dave Matthews Band - Where Are You Going?
:: " Where are you going? Where do you go? Are you lookin' for answers to questions under the stars?"
John Mayer - Belief
:: " Everyone believes in how they think it ought to be. Everyone believes, and they're not going easily. Belief is a beautiful armor, but makes for the heaviest sword; Like punching under water, you never can hit who you're trying for. Some need the exhibition, and some have to know they tried; It's the chemical weapon for the war that's raging on inside..."
Love Spit Love - Am I Wrong? :: " I can't stand when the room turns 'round on my fate. You give no guarantees. There's no promise I can keep. I can't stand, I can't see my way; I feel blind on my feet. I can't stay too long; Am I wrong?"
Filter - The Only Way Is the Wrong Way
:: "Did you think that I would disappear? Did you think that I would wash away? Did you think that I would last this long? Did you think that I would get this strong? Everytime they tried to make me change, they just wear me down with more chains. And it feels like that you're with me or against me, and it feels like that your promises are omens, and it feels like that to push me is to shove me, and it feels like that the only way is the wrong way."
Snow Patrol - Make This Go On Forever :: "And I don't know where to look. My words just break & melt. Please just save me from this darkness..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home