...getting it out there.

My way to "just go with it"...

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Rockin' the suburbs...

Most unfortunately for me, I have to be leaving my house in Grand Rapids in about 3 hours. Oops. I had big plans for tonight originally...meaning I was going to head to Lansing and try to be Geoff's friend still. But then Cory called me and asked if I could pick up his shift, and I felt like it was a sign (since I'd been contemplating trying to pick up anyway), and he wanted to make it for the Blue October show at the Intersection. It was the last show he'd have with GRD before he moves to St. Louis at the end of March. Anyway, I ended up not getting out until midnight and by the time I got home I was wired. Now I'm a little tired, but there's no way I can sleep and still make it to Okemos by 9am. This should be cute. I have to serve tomorrow night too, so not sleeping can't be a real option either. I was just listening to a song by Ben Folds called "Carrying Cathy" off of his Rockin' the Suburbs album. I wasn't paying attention until the end, where she dies and he talks about her dad and brothers carrying the casket, and then says, "always someone carrying Cathy". It reminded me of me. I feel like that song would be about me if I died right now. What a weird realization. It makes me want to pick my pallbearers right now, and write them all personal notes. I always wondered what pallbearers thought of being pallbearers. I guess it's supposed to be...not really a privilege...but almost a way to be individualized in that persons life, if that makes sense. But wouldn't someone rather grieve without having to carry their loved one's body? I don't know. I suppose I would rather have someone who loved me carry my body. I don't know why I'd choose pallbearers, come to think of it; I want to donate my leftover parts to science, after organ donation. I've been in a weird music mood lately. Nothing is satiating me. Yesterday and the day before I listened to Green Day's American Idiot album . Before that I couldn't get enough RENT soundtrack, and Keane's Hopes & Fears. Tonight I was going to make a mixed CD but I've really been feeling this Ben Folds. I'm trying to think what I will be in the mood for, for a potential 2 hour drive to Okemos and back today...when I'm exhausted.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, out July 21st. I was laying wide awake in bed yesterday morning at the obscene hour of 8:30am when I heard the Blue Lake Public Radio announcer give the date. I have to begin re-reading the series now...I watched all 4 movies yesterday, and re-watched the 4th movie today before work. The Order of the Phoenix movie is out July 13th. I don't know how I will be able to contain my excitement; hopefully time passes quickly. But not so quickly that I haven't caught up on more bills until then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home