...getting it out there.

My way to "just go with it"...

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

No Day But Today.

I watched "RENT" last night. I had never seen the movie before. It came out over a year ago, I just never saw it. I hadn't seen it since NYC in 2003. When I went back then, I had gone by myself; everyone else had either wanted to see a different musical, or went to a basketball game, or shopping or something. Anyway, I had gone to Nederlander Theatre and sat by myself and made friends with some tourists from Indiana during intermission. And I remember leaving, and my head was swimming because I didn't know what I had just seen but I knew it was huge. I had wanted to see that musical for 5 years, and I had finally seen it, but it was so far above my head, and there was no one to talk about it with. The movie had many things that were different from the play. I watched a documentary on Jonathan Larson that was quite insightful. And I watched part of the commentary (by Chris Columbus the director, Anthony Rapp, and Adam Pascal) of the movie, and all of the deleted scenes & songs. I'm hooked on Anthony Rapp. I have to see it again when we go to NYC for my birthday. I need to buy the movie. And Rapp's book. This movie has put my brain in another weird place. I thrive on these times in my brain, but man...it's tiring. I need to go write things down by hand, I think. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home